Thursday, February 11, 2016

Teachers


Teachers hold their students to a high standard that they expect everyone to meet. Some students may be held higher than others depending on the teacher’s feelings. So isn’t it only fair that students are allowed to do the same thing?

            I have an enormous amount of respect for teachers having to deal with certain kids because they have to do it all day every day, it is part of their job. I can barely handle a kid with ignorant remarks during one class a day. Although teachers do put up with a lot from their students, doesn’t give them any right to fall below the students, and sometimes the parents, standards of teaching.

            As a student, I feel as though I am most reliable when making this statement; Students enjoy school and learning so much more when the teacher enjoys teaching it. It becomes a problem when the students want to be there but the teacher acts like he or she doesn’t, and vice versa. It is amazing and I am very thankful for what teachers do because they do it with the pay they do not deserve.

            My expectations for teachers in High School are much higher than those in college for this reason; in High School you are preparing us for college, there for we need more attention given as well as patience. In college, most of them have three times the class sizes and much more students to worry about. My teachers now have been nothing but great to me, but I have had a few in the past that think we need to figure everything out on our own. If you are a teacher it is also a part of your job to explain when things do not make sense, not to get all lazy and tell us to figure it out.

            For the most part teachers live up to their expectations, but I want them to know that their students expect things out of you just like you expect things out of them. Lead by example and love what you do. Be kind to your students but tough when they need it. Make them feel as though you truly want the best out of them and lead them along the right path in life. That is what makes a great teacher and what I, myself, expect from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment