Thursday, February 25, 2016

Life as a Player


I have been playing soccer sense I was little and I have just grown up loving the game. I have been a high school soccer player for two years now, and am on my third. I play for Kennedy High School and I would not have it any other way.

My experience at Kennedy playing soccer has made some of the best memories of my life. I have been blessed with an incredibly talented team for the past two years. The most special to me so far is my Freshman year because we got a new coach. The thing that made it special to me is the fact that I started every single game and played pretty much all of them from beginning to end. Being able to be a part of it is one thing, but knowing that you were a contributing factor makes it that much more amazing.

I wish everyone had something that special that they would carry with them forever because even with that being two years ago, the thrill is still there and I do not see it wearing off any time soon. Soccer will always be one of those things to me that I will enjoy doing the rest of my life, no, I do not think I will become a professional soccer player, but I do think that I will get my kids involved in it and try to organize like a parents league or something because I do not think I will be able to ever really completely give it up until I really have to.

Switching gears a little bit here, we got a new coach freshman year mid-season. His name is Scott Meyers and I almost think it is a sign for college because he is the women's head soccer coach at Coe College and I have always wanted to look there for some reason! It is close to home and I know that I would fit perfectly in their soccer program. Being able to go there would allow me to be with a coach I already know and the opportunity to apply my soccer ability to the next level. I will forever be grateful that God gave me the talent to play soccer because I really have no idea where I would be without it.

Soccer has brought me so many new opportunities with travel and meeting my two best friends. Sage and Jordan have been on my CRSA club soccer team sense we were nine years old, and that is very special to me. Soccer has changed my life. I do not want to leave this thinking I am obsessive with this sport but it is an important thing in my life and I wanted people to know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment