Sunday, December 6, 2015

Disney God

       As the holidays are just around the corner, and myself being a Christmas fanatic, I like many of the rest of the country snuggle in most nights and watch Christmas classics; Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Elf, The Santa Claus trilogy, etc. As much as I love these movies, I cant help but wonder why Disney doesn't have more to offer in these holiday selections. Off the top of my head the only Disney has really only contributed The Santa Claus movies and Mickey's Once/Twice Upon a Christmas. Disney is about kids, and kids love Christmas, so Disney, why are you not contributing more to my holiday binge watching?
        The Grinch is my all time favorite movie let alone my favorite holiday movie and it kills me a little inside that Disney didn't have anything to do with it. Disney could make a fortune making Christmas princess', or fairies, and could have very beneficial lessons to teach kids, and example would be the importance of giving not receiving. The way I see it Disney has nothing to lose.
        If there is a Disney God that I could write a letter to I would, but I'm not sure if he exits so I'll write one here:

Dear Disney God,
       I would really like you to make more Christmas movies. It makes me sad that you don't have more because I love Christmas and I love you and you're not giving me very many options to do both at the same time. :( I'd appreciate you making an effort to address this problem, because I would hate to have to contact you like this again.

Thank you,
Megan Wagner
aka your biggest fan


"...it all started because of a mouse." -Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment