Sunday, December 13, 2015

Disney Cookie Stand

Since this weekend was our annual Christmas cookie baking, and ther holidays are a mere 12 days away, a thought crossed my mind. In light of my Disney suggestions I found this most appropriate, why doesn't Disney World have a Christmas cookie baking shop? I mean would it not be most appropriate being as the amusement park is predominantly for a child, I believe this shop could be a large holiday attraction. 
         The shop could feature Disney characters as cookies of course, and appropriate frosting for decorating, but they should also have pre decorated cookies for those who are decorating challenged, or simply to lazy to decorate said cookies. This shop could also feature different culturally diverse treats to match the different countries like in Epcot. 
One reason I think this is something Disney should look into is because their competition is Universal Studios, a short drive away from any part of the Disney World, has a Grinchmas every year which brings in a lot of holiday travelers to see reenactments of the Grinch, and to visit "Whoville". I mean if you are going to travel all the way down from Iowa to Orlando and had to chose Universal or Disney around the holidays, I hate to say that I'd probably chose Universal, but if Disney took up that cookie shop I may have a tougher time deciding. 
        Let's imagine ourselves in a scenario that we have children and are fortunate enough to take our children to Disney every year. If you aren't spending the holidays in the comfort of your own home for whatever reason, I don't think you should lose Christmas traditions such as cookie baking. With a shop like the one I have described I think you could make traveling holidays have their own traditions, maybe you would even be able to reserve areas for your family specifically to make it more personal. 
         Coming back to reality I realize that the possibility of Disney actually following through with any of my thoughts in this blog and other recent blogs is unlikely, I'd like to dream.


"...it all started because of a mouse." -Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment