Sunday, November 15, 2015

Families of Disney

       One thing I look forward to in life is the days that I will be able to spend with my own family watching Disney movies, and wandering the parks, but I always wonder why the Disney Princess' never, for the most part have children. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Ariel, who got married to Eric, and had Melody. This bothers me because I'm a big advocate for children because I think they have a lot to offer us, and I wish Disney was more active on the children of Disney.
       I think that Disney could make these children much like Melody, where they learn of the pasts of their mothers and fathers, in some ways repeating the mistakes of their parents. When kids see how these children react, I know that children are going to learn and they will grow and understand parental guidance more. I also wish that they showed us more of a family aspect of the Princess', because for the majority of the movies, its only about the life of one of the family members, and when shown the whole family, I think it makes for a more relatable piece.
       Another part of children being apart of Disney, is showing them or giving guidance on how to or not to grow up. A lot of times they just skip right over growing up right into marriage but nothing ever after, just happily, because there isn't ever an ever after to show. This isn't sending children the right message, because kids are more often than not trying to grow up too fast, I am one of the biggest culprits. I wish Disney would focus on the way some of them grew up, like Ariel's mom died, I wish they would've talked more about it, and how it changed her life, but also how she moved on and how her family helped her. Or talk about Aurora, and growing up with three fairies not knowing anything from the outside world, but we miss all of that and go straight into trouble, then happily "ever after" but we never see the ever after.
       I suppose in an attempt to conclude my thoughts, I really just Disney had more sequels, like 'Awake Beauty', and 'Un-Tangled', because I'm always left wondering what happened after. So, Disney please hear my cry for more movies because I need to know what happens next!

"...it all started because of a mouse."-Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment