Sunday, November 15, 2015

Disney Weddings

       As I was attending my cousins wedding this past weekend, it occurred to me that you never get to see a Disney wedding all the way through, no planning, no reception, nothing. For example, Ariel's wedding, you see the tail end of they kiss and that's it, Cinderella you just get to see leaving in the carriage, Tangled you just assume they had a ceremony because its so close to the end that you don't see any of it. After all these thoughts ran through my head, I later wondered, why? As of now I don't have an exact reason, but I'll share with you some of my biggest hunches with this no wedding business.
       Hunch number one:
  • Wedding ceremonies are boring and no child wants to watch that.
My issue with this is that then when it is time to attend a wedding your children are sitting there asking you questions the entire time because the only things they know about weddings is that at some point the bride an groom kiss and that's the signal for the end.
       Hunch number two:
  • Disney wants to stay away from any religious subjects, so they just skip over the ceremony part so no one can critique it.
I believe that Disney should stay neutral religiously as they are now, because as soon as they say they are a Christian based, or Islamic, or Jewish, people that don't fall under that category will feel not welcome, and could lead to a downfall for the company, or even violent protests. One thing I wish they showed is the difference in cultural/religious wedding practices, because I believe that we as people should be well versed in different practices and ways of people around the world.
       Hunch number three:
  • They don't know how to wedding.
Although farfetched, for as many movies, shows, and shorts as this company has made, I have yet to see even five minutes of a wedding. I guess I just really want to see how it would play out, I want to see the vows, and the rings being exchanged, I want something.

Weddings are a very special part of peoples lives, shared with ones they love much like Disney. I've shared countless hours, and days watching films, roaming the parks, or humming the tunes of the great Disney classics, and one time, just once, I would like to see some Disney magic happen in a wedding ceremony.

"...it all started because of a mouse."-Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment